Protection Level for Midlothian: Dalkeith Country Park is currently in Level 4. Fort Douglas and The Foodhall in The Store at Restoration Yard are open. The Kitchen and the rest of The Store remain closed, but will re-open on Monday 26th April. Takeaway treats are available from The Kitchen To Go at Restoration Yard every day from 9.30am.
King’s Gate and Town Gate are open to pedestrians and vehicles for local access only, seven days a week. Please respect social distancing and government guidance on social mixing. Thank you.
FORT DOUGLAS IS OPEN!
Please ensure you book online. Safety comes first and so we’ve implemented a number of measures to help keep you safe. However, we need your help too! Read on below to see how we’ll keep you safe and what we need from you in return.
How we will keep you safe:
- Tickets are only available online for an AM or PM session to help us limit numbers and clean between sessions. You will be able to use your ticket anytime within the AM or PM slot.
- We have capped Fort Douglas adult tickets to four per booking in Fort Douglas. If your family bubble is larger please phone or email us.
- Tickets are scanned at the entrance, please give your first name from the booking made on arrival. There will be no cash or card purchases available on the day for entry.
- Fort Douglas membership cardholders need to also book online using their membership card number. Membership cards must also be brought to the visit as proof.
- We are limiting the amount of people in Fort Douglas at any one time to aid social distancing.
- We are cleaning stainless steel equipment between the AM and PM sessions.
- The Food and Drink Cabin will be operational on weekends, by contactless cards only, no cash.
- Perspex is in place at the Cabins between customers and staff.
- There is a one-way system around Sky Maze, Mini Maze, the Embankment and Zip Wires to help minimise contact.
- There are hand sanitiser stations.
- The Kids Shop Cabin is closed.
- Bathrooms are one group at a time. We have three bathrooms in Fort Douglas.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable except in cases of a Force Majeure Event such as Covid-19 restrictions.
What we will ask for in return:
- Please book online before you visit – no tickets sold on the day.
- Please book both adult and child tickets or entry will be denied.
- Please ensure you and your children stay two metres apart from others.
- Please follow the one-way system.
- You can of course still ask our staff for help, just from a distance!
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations.
- Bring a payment card for any food and drink purchases.
RESTORATION YARD – TEMPORARILY CLOSED
The Foodhall in The Store has re-opened, daily from 10am. We have a number of measures in place at Restoration Yard including one-way systems, perspex screens, hand sanitiser stations and more. Please go to Restoration Yard’s Covid-19 page to learn more.