At Dalkeith Country Park, Fort Douglas and Restoration Yard, the safety of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority. We are so excited to welcome you back, in line with the latest guidance. Read on to find out more about each area.
Adventures are back! We know you’ve been missing Fort Douglas so we’re excited to let you know that we are now open. So we can manage numbers, everyone must book online in advance of visiting. Safety comes first and so we’ve implemented a number of measures to help keep you safe. However, we need your help too! Read on to see how we’ll keep you safe and what we need from you in return.
How we will keep you safe:
- Tickets are only available online for an AM (10am to 1pm) or PM (2pm to 5pm) session to help us limit numbers and clean between sessions. You will be able to use your ticket anytime within the AM or PM slot.
- In line with Government restrictions, we have capped Fort Douglas adult tickets to four per booking in Fort Douglas. If your family bubble is larger please phone or email us.
- Tickets are scanned at the entrance, please give your first name from the booking made on arrival. There will be no cash or card purchases available on the day for entry.
- Fort Douglas membership cardholders are able to book a £0 ticket using their membership card number. Membership cards must also be brought to the visit as proof.
- Unfortunately we are no longer selling memberships for 2020 due to the reduced capacity in Fort Douglas to enable social distancing. Existing memberships will be honoured and time lost during lockdown will be added at the end of the membership.
- We are limiting the amount of people in Fort Douglas at any one time to aid social distancing.
- We are cleaning stainless steel equipment between the AM and PM sessions.
- The Food and Drink Cabin will be operational by contactless cards only, no cash.
- Perspex is in place at the Cabins between customers and staff.
- There is a one-way system around Sky Maze, Mini Maze, the Embankment and Zip Wires to help minimise contact.
- There are hand sanitiser stations at the Cabins and Bathrooms.
- The Kids Shop Cabin is closed.
- Bathrooms are one family at a time. We have three bathrooms in Fort Douglas.
- We have re-purposed the Kids Party Tent as a Family Tent during this time. The tent can be hired for £25 for an AM or PM session. Read more here.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable except in cases of a Force Majeure Event.
What we will ask for in return:
- Please book online before you visit – there are no tickets available on site if you just turn up.
- Please book both adult and child tickets or entry will be denied. No adult only groups.
- Please ensure you and your children stay two metres apart from others and follow the one-way system.
- You can of course still ask our staff for help, just from a distance!
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Bring a payment card for food and drink purposes.
We are excited to be mostly open!
The Store: Open, 10am – 5pm (If you prefer to shop online we offer delivery and click and collect via our online store).
The Kitchen: Now open for internal and external dining serving coffee and cake 9am – 11am (pre-booked tables only) and the new all-day menu is available 11am – 4pm (pre-booked tables only). Book HERE.
The Larder (take-away): Now open, 9am – 4.30pm
The Horsebox: Open weekends
The Coffee Bar : Closed until further notice. You can book a table for coffee and cake in The Kitchen 9am to 11am daily or get take-away from The Larder.
The Wellbeing Lab: Now open, offering indoor and outdoor classes. See the timetable here.
We have a number of measures in place at Restoration Yard including one-way systems, perspex screens, hand sanitiser stations and more. Please go to Restoration Yard’s Covid-19 page to learn more.