At Dalkeith Country Park, Fort Douglas and Restoration Yard, the safety of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority. We are so excited to welcome you back, in line with the latest guidance. Read on to find out more about each area.
Adventures are back! We know you’ve been missing Fort Douglas so we’re excited to let you know that we are now open. So we can manage numbers, everyone must book online in advance of visiting. Safety comes first and so we’ve implemented a number of measures to help keep you safe. However, we need your help too! Read on to see how we’ll keep you safe and what we need from you in return.
How we will keep you safe:
- Tickets will be available online only for an AM (10am to 1pm) or PM (2pm to 5pm) session to help us limit numbers and clean between sessions. You will be able to use your ticket anytime within the AM or PM slot.
- Tickets will be scanned at the entrance. There will be no cash or card purchases available on the day for entry.
- Fort Douglas membership cardholders will be able to book a £0 ticket using their membership card number. Membership cards must also be brought to the visit as proof.
- Unfortunately we are no longer selling memberships for 2020 due to the reduced capacity in Fort Douglas to enable social distancing. Existing memberships will be honoured and time lost during lockdown will be added at the end of the membership.
- We will limit the amount of people in Fort Douglas at any one time to aid social distancing.
- We will clean stainless steel equipment between the AM and PM sessions.
- The Food and Drink Cabin will be operational by contactless cards only, no cash.
- Perspex will be in place at the Cabins between customers and staff.
- There will be a one-way system around Sky Maze, Mini Maze, the Embankment and Zip Wires to help minimise contact.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations at the Cabins and Bathrooms.
- The Kids Shop Cabin will be closed.
- Bathrooms will be one family at a time. We have three bathrooms in Fort Douglas.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable except in cases of a Force Majeure Event.
What we will ask for in return:
- Please book online before you visit – there are no tickets available on site if you just turn up.
- Please book both adult and child tickets or entry will be denied. No adult only groups.
- Please ensure you and your children stay two metres apart from others and follow the one-way system.
- You can of course still ask our staff for help, just from a distance!
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Bring a payment card for food and drink purposes.
- Use the bathrooms in Fort Douglas. The parenting room in Restoration Yard will not be in use and Restoration Yard toilets will be for Restoration Yard customers only to enable social distancing.
We are excited to welcome you back to each area on these dates:
The Larder: Now open, 9am – 4.30pm
The Store: Now open, 10am – 5pm
The Kitchen: Now open for internal and external dining, 11am – 4pm (pre-booked tables only). Book HERE.
The Coffee Bar & The Wellbeing Lab: Closed until further notice. We continue to offer yoga, fitness and mindfulness classes online as well as some external classes. See the timetable here.
If you are shielding or prefer not to shop indoors, we have an incredible range of products on our Online Store where you can select delivery or Click and Collect from an outside point at Restoration Yard.
King’s Gate is now open.
We have a number of measures in place at Restoration Yard including one-way systems, perspex screens, hand sanitiser stations and more. Please go to Restoration Yard’s Covid-19 page to learn more.