Protection Level for Midlothian: Dalkeith Country Park is currently in Level 3. Please do not travel to the Midlothian council area if you live out with it unless you have a reasonable excuse. Please be aware of local restrictions – you can check your postcode here.
The latest restrictions may mean you can no longer attend an event or booking. Please follow our guidance below for each area of the business or event. This is a fast moving situation which is likely to change again. Please don’t take action on your booking unless you are close to the event date. Bear with us if getting in touch as we’re currently receiving a high volume of enquiries. Thank you for your understanding.
Please ensure you book online (this enables us to manage capacity). Safety comes first and so we’ve implemented a number of measures to help keep you safe. However, we need your help too! Read on below to see how we’ll keep you safe and what we need from you in return.
How we will keep you safe:
- Tickets are only available online for an AM or PM session to help us limit numbers and clean between sessions. You will be able to use your ticket anytime within the AM or PM slot.
- We have capped Fort Douglas adult tickets to four per booking in Fort Douglas. If your family bubble is larger please phone or email us.
- Tickets are scanned at the entrance, please give your first name from the booking made on arrival. There will be no cash or card purchases available on the day for entry.
- Fort Douglas membership cardholders are able to book a £0 ticket using their membership card number. Membership cards must also be brought to the visit as proof. 2020 memberships are valid until 31st March 2021 to make up for time lost during lockdown.
- Unfortunately we are no longer selling memberships for 2020 due to the reduced capacity.
- We are limiting the amount of people in Fort Douglas at any one time to aid social distancing.
- We are cleaning stainless steel equipment between the AM and PM sessions.
- The Food and Drink Cabin will be operational by contactless cards only, no cash.
- Perspex is in place at the Cabins between customers and staff.
- There is a one-way system around Sky Maze, Mini Maze, the Embankment and Zip Wires to help minimise contact.
- There are hand sanitiser stations at the Cabins and Bathrooms.
- The Kids Shop Cabin is closed.
- Bathrooms are one group at a time. We have three bathrooms in Fort Douglas.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable except in cases of a Force Majeure Event such as Covid-19 restrictions.
What we will ask for in return:
- Please book online before you visit – there are no tickets available on site if you just turn up.
- Please book both adult and child tickets or entry will be denied. No adult only groups.
- Please ensure you and your children stay two metres apart from others and follow the one-way system.
- You can of course still ask our staff for help, just from a distance!
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Bring a payment card for any food and drink purchases.
Current travel restrictions: For those who have tickets for a date affected by current restrictions you can request a refund or transfer via your Citizen Ticket account. *See steps below under Spectacle of Light. This is the quickest way of altering your booking. We will do our utmost to accommodate transfers subject to ticket availability. Unfortunately if requesting a refund, we are not able to refund the booking fee (7%+VAT) that’s included for your purchase as we operate through a third party system – thank you for your understanding.
*Please be aware that in line with Scottish Government guidance issued late on Friday 27th November, we have now moved our Grotto outside. Please also take note of the following guidance issued for your booking in the future:
• Customers from different council areas shouldn’t currently travel to Midlothian in line with current restrictions in regulations.
• Only one household should be visiting Santa at a time and only one adult should attend with the children.
• Ensure good hand hygiene is maintained.
• Maintain 2 metre distances between different households.
• Children should pick their own gift rather than Santa handing it to them.
This year’s Santa’s Grotto will ensure social distancing is in place to help keep everyone safe. The measures we’ve implemented are as follows – please help us stick to them:
- A new location of The Boudoir. Please arrive on time or no more than five minutes before your slot to minimise contact with others. Unfortunately we do not have waiting space and drawing inside this year, instead the waiting space will be outdoors under our heated umbrellas.
- In line with Government guidance, Santa will be socially distanced two metres from you and your children. A photo opp is still allowed, just from a distance!
- Adults entering The Boudoir should wear face coverings.
- Maximum of two adults and three children per booking.
- Please ensure your whole party uses the hand sanitiser station before entering the Grotto.
Current travel restrictions: For those who have a date to meet with Santa that is affected by current restrictions you can obtain a refund via your Citizen Ticket booking (see your confirmation email) or email our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note we are not able to refund the booking fee (7%+VAT) that’s included for your purchase as we operate through a third party system – thank you for your understanding. Tickets are not available currently to transfer as bookings are full.
SPECTACLE OF LIGHT
Please be reassured the safety of our customers and colleagues is our first priority. We are continually monitoring and responding to the pandemic as it evolves in line with the latest Government guidance. Our current plans to reassure and keep everyone safe include:
- Reducing the number of tickets on sale within each time slot from previous years, to allow visitors more space for social distancing.
- Restricting the number of tickets in any one booking to six.
- Spectacle of Light is an outdoor event where the risk is deemed lower.
- We will install a one-way route as far as possible in areas that allow this to reduce the chance of pinch points in visitor flow.
- We have hand sanitisation stations in place where appropriate.
- We have additional cleaning measures in place.
- Catering facilities are designed to allow for social distancing.
Current travel restrictions: For those who have a ticket affected by current restrictions you can transfer your tickets to someone else, or exchange the date of your booking on Citizen Ticket. *Follow these steps:
If you would like to EXCHANGE to another date:
- Sign into your Citizen Ticket account via www.citizenticket.co.uk/signin/
- Select the ‘My Tickets’ tab and select ‘Ticket Wallet’
- Click the blue ‘Exchange’ button which appears at the bottom of your ticket
- You will have a list of your tickets purchased with this sale. Unselect any you don’t wish to exchange, and click ‘Find eligible dates’
- Find an available time using the calendar and select your tickets
- Click exchange to begin the automated process. You’ll receive an updated ticket wallet once the exchange completes.
If you would like to TRANSFER your tickets to someone else:
- Sign into your Citizen Ticket account via www.citizenticket.co.uk/signin/
- Select the ‘My Tickets’ tab, select ‘Ticket Wallet’
- Select the ‘Transfer’ button which appears at the bottom of your ticket and add the details of the person you are transferring too.
Please note, while there is already limited availability on current 2020/21 dates we will do our utmost to accommodate transfers subject to ticket availability and have extended the event to 4th January to enable more transfers. Alternatively, you can email our team at email@example.com where we can carry your booking forward to next year’s event in winter 2021/22.
If you request a refund, please also note we are not able to refund the booking fee (7%+VAT) that’s included for your purchase as we operate through a third party system – thank you for your understanding.
We have a number of measures in place at Restoration Yard including one-way systems, perspex screens, hand sanitiser stations and more. Please go to Restoration Yard’s Covid-19 page to learn more.
The Store: Open 10am – 5pm (if you prefer to shop online we offer delivery and click and collect via our online store).
The Kitchen: Serving Coffee and Cake 9am – 11am and 2.45pm – 4pm; Breakfasts 9.30am – 4pm; Lunch 11am – 4pm. Book HERE.
The Larder (takeaway): Open daily 9am – 4.30pm
The Cabin (takeaway): Open weekends
The Coffee Bar : Closed until further notice. You can book a table for coffee and cake in The Kitchen 9am to 11am and 2.45pm – 4pm daily or get take-away from The Larder.
The Wellbeing Lab: Closed until further notice with Buggy Fitness still taking place outdoors. See the timetable here.