Fort Douglas Terms and Conditions
The latest Government restrictions may affect some information on this page. Read more about our Covid-19 response and safety measures here.
While all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the safety of our visitors and to provide information and warning signs, each adult visitor has a responsibility for their own safety and those of their fellow visitors whilst on site. Please note the following whilst at Fort Douglas:
- All little adventurers need to be accompanied by an adult (we have coffee over there).
- Adult-only groups (13+) are not allowed in Fort Douglas.
- You’ll find bathrooms in the Fort Douglas Cabin.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed to go into Fort Douglas.
- The majority of the equipment in this playground is designed to be moderately challenging. Some items may only be suitable for over 5s or 6s (you’ll see a 6+ blue sticker).
- Big people decide. Only you know the abilities and limitations of the children in your care. Please keep an eye on them and make sure they’re playing safely.
- Be safe. Keep away from the river banks.
- Decide on a meeting point in case your group splits up.
- Please note BBQs are not permitted here.
- In the event of an emergency, please contact a member of staff or dial 999.
Covid-19 Safety Measures:
How we will keep you safe:
- Tickets will be available online only for an AM or PM session to help us limit numbers and clean between sessions. You will be able to use your ticket anytime within the AM or PM slot.
- Tickets will be scanned at the entrance. There will be no cash or card purchases available on the day for entry.
- Fort Douglas membership cardholders will be able to book a ‘member ticket’ using their membership card number. Membership cards must also be brought to the visit as proof.
- We will limit the amount of people in Fort Douglas at any one time to aid social distancing.
- We will clean stainless steel equipment between the AM and PM sessions.
- The Food and Drink Cabin will be operational by contactless cards only, no cash.
- Perspex will be in place at the Cabins between customers and staff.
- There will be a one-way system around Sky Maze, Mini Maze, the Embankment and Zip Wires to help minimise contact.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations at the Cabins and Bathrooms.
- The Kids Shop Cabin will be closed.
- Bathrooms will be one family at a time. We have three bathrooms in Fort Douglas.
- Tickets are non-refundable except in cases of a Force Majeure Event.
What we will ask for in return:
- Please book online before you visit – there are no tickets available on site if you just turn up.
- Please ensure you and your children stay two metres apart from others and follow the one-way system.
- You can of course still ask our staff for help, just from a distance!
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided.
- Bring a payment card for food and drink purposes.
- One family a time in the bathrooms.
Fort Douglas Membership Terms and Conditions
- 2021 memberships have now been launched and 2020 memberships are no longer valid.
- 2021 memberships are valid from date of purchase until 31st December 2021.
- Please book online for a ‘member visit’ ticket and bring your card with you on the day as proof of membership.
- The Fort Douglas membership card can only be used by the person it was purchased for, identifiable via the photograph on the reverse.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is non-transferable.
- The Fort Douglas membership card does not guarantee entry. On rare occasions we may need to close due to weather or limit numbers on busy days.
- Free admission cannot be granted without your Fort Douglas membership card. Entry will be charged at the normal rate of admission.
- Dalkeith Country Park reserves the right to change the Fort Douglas membership benefits at any time.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is not a loyalty scheme and you do no accrue points.
- The Fort Douglas membership does not include parking – our £3 parking charge will apply for visits to the Park.
- Adults must accompany their children at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or cancel memberships without a refund if anyone behaves in an abusive of threatening way to our staff, contractors or other visitors.