Fort Douglas Terms and Conditions (the boring bit)
While all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the safety of our visitors and to provide information and warning signs, each adult visitor has a responsibility for their own safety and those of their fellow visitors whilst on site. Please note the following whilst at Fort Douglas:
- All little adventurers need to be accompanied by an adult (we have coffee over there).
- You’ll find bathrooms in the Fort Douglas Cabin.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed to go into Fort Douglas.
- The majority of the equipment in this playground is designed to be moderately challenging. Some items may only be suitable for over 5s or 6s (you’ll see a 6+ blue sticker).
- Big people decide. Only you know the abilities and limitations of the children in your care. Please keep an eye on them and make sure they’re playing safely.
- Be safe. Keep away from the river banks.
- Decide on a meeting point in case your group splits up.
- Please note BBQs are not permitted here.
- In the event of an emergency, please contact a member of staff or dial 999.
Fort Douglas Membership Card Terms and Conditions
- Once purchased, a Fort Douglas membership card is non-refundable.
- The Fort Douglas membership card can only be used by the person it was purchased for, identifiable via the photograph on the reverse.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is non-transferrable.
- The Fort Douglas membership card does not guarantee entry. On rare occasions we may need to close due to weather or limit numbers on busy days.
- Free admission cannot be granted without your Fort Douglas membership card. Entry will be charged at the normal rate of admission.
- Dalkeith Country Park reserves the right to change the Fort Douglas membership benefits at any time.
- Fort Douglas membership is valid until the end of December of the year purchased.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is not a loyalty scheme and you do no accrue points. Please sign up for our loyalty card separately.
- Adults must accompany their children at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or cancel memberships without a refund if anyone behaves in an abusive of threatening way to our staff, contractors or other visitors.