Fort Douglas Terms and Conditions
*Please note Fort Douglas is currently closed due to the Covid-19 outbreak. You can read our full response here.*
While all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the safety of our visitors and to provide information and warning signs, each adult visitor has a responsibility for their own safety and those of their fellow visitors whilst on site. Please note the following whilst at Fort Douglas:
- All little adventurers need to be accompanied by an adult (we have coffee over there).
- Adult-only groups (13+) are not allowed in Fort Douglas.
- You’ll find bathrooms in the Fort Douglas Cabin.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed to go into Fort Douglas.
- The majority of the equipment in this playground is designed to be moderately challenging. Some items may only be suitable for over 5s or 6s (you’ll see a 6+ blue sticker).
- Big people decide. Only you know the abilities and limitations of the children in your care. Please keep an eye on them and make sure they’re playing safely.
- Be safe. Keep away from the river banks.
- Decide on a meeting point in case your group splits up.
- Please note BBQs are not permitted here.
- In the event of an emergency, please contact a member of staff or dial 999.
Fort Douglas Membership Card Terms and Conditions
- Once purchased, a Fort Douglas membership card is non-refundable. Anyone who has bought a 2020 membership will have their membership extended for the same amount of time we were closed for during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- The Fort Douglas membership card can only be used by the person it was purchased for, identifiable via the photograph on the reverse.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is non-transferrable.
- The Fort Douglas membership card does not guarantee entry. On rare occasions we may need to close due to weather or limit numbers on busy days.
- Free admission cannot be granted without your Fort Douglas membership card. Entry will be charged at the normal rate of admission.
- Dalkeith Country Park reserves the right to change the Fort Douglas membership benefits at any time.
- Fort Douglas membership is valid until the end of December of the year purchased.
- The Fort Douglas membership card is not a loyalty scheme and you do no accrue points. Please sign up for our loyalty card separately.
- Adults must accompany their children at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or cancel memberships without a refund if anyone behaves in an abusive of threatening way to our staff, contractors or other visitors.