A magical Christmas experience at Dalkeith Country Park *NOW SOLD OUT*
Santa and his elves are coming to Dalkeith Country Park to give your kids an unforgettably magical experience this Christmas. Making dreams come true, our Santa (and we are pretty sure he is the real one) wants to make sure every child he meets gets plenty of time so they can tell him their dearest wish, get a free photo opportunity and receive a proper under-the-tree worthy gift. And as it’s a magical time of year, your Grotto ticket will also enable you to visit Fort Douglas on the same day.
Dates and Times
27th November to 24th December
Santa and his elves will be at Dalkeith Country Park at weekends on these dates: 27th & 28th November, 4th & 5th December, 10th, 11th & 12th December, 17th-24th December. Book online and select the date and time for your visit. Each time slot is 10 minutes and allows two adults and up to three children to attend.
Tickets and Booking
* Christmas Eve Grotto tickets are £25 (there is no loyalty discount for Christmas Eve bookings). If you are a loyalty cardholder, please bring your card on the day.
~ Please note if you are unable to move past ‘October’ on the booking page, it is because the tickets are sold out.
~ We’re sorry but 2021 Grotto Tickets are now sold out ~
Ticket price includes a quality Christmas gift, suitable for your child’s age and a photo opportunity with Santa. Please note tickets are needed for babies and children as all receive a gift. Your ticket also enables you to visit Fort Douglas on the same day. Fort Douglas winter opening hours are 9am – 12 noon and 12.30pm – 3.30pm. If you are driving to the Park, you will also need to pay our £3 parking charge – you can buy this online or on arrival at the Park.
We will be releasing all our Santa’s Grotto tickets at launch, but don’t worry if you miss out or can’t book the date you’d like – our Breakfast with Santa experience is now also open for booking.
Safety & Accessibility
- Please stick to two adults and up to three children per booking.
- We will follow the relevant Government Covid guidelines to ensure a safe visit to Santa.
- If Government guidance at the time requires us to close Santa’s Grotto, you will receive a full refund.
If your child has a specific access need please let us know by emailing our team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Santa also uses British Sign Language.
On the day
- The Grotto is located in Restoration Yard’s courtyard in The Boudoir.
- Please bring your ticket with your QR code on it. This can be on your phone or printed.
- Take as many photos and videos as you’d like! We’d love to see them. Use hashtags #realsantadalkeith #dalkeithcountrypark #christmasindalkeith
- Santa’s Grotto is wheelchair accessible. Please advise us of any special requirements before your visit when you purchase your tickets.
- Bring some warm clothes and sturdy footwear as your ticket includes entry to Fort Douglas.
Terms and Conditions
- Your ticket is only valid for the date and time specified on your email confirmation.
- One child per ticket. Every child or baby booked at Santa’s Grotto requires a ticket – gifts are age appropriate.
- The maximum number we can accept in a 10 minute time slot is two adults and three children to ensure every child gets the most out of their visit. You only pay for children.
- No refunds given unless we have to cancel the event due to new Government restrictions.
- Presents cannot be exchanged either during or after the Santa’s Grotto experience.
- Your child will receive a present deemed suitable for the age given when purchasing tickets.
- If your child has a specific access need please let us know by emailing our team on email@example.com.
Other Christmas events
You’ll find all sorts of exciting events from our after dark light experience, Spectacle of Light, to Breakfast with Santa, wreath making & kids’ craft workshops and our family Santa & Elf Fun Run. If you want to be the very first to know about these events, it’s well worth signing up for our loyalty card which also gives you access to special discounts. Alternatively, you can also hear about our events by signing up to our newsletter.