The Real Santa
A magical experience at Dalkeith Country Park
Santa and his elves are coming to Dalkeith Country Park to give your kids an unforgettably magical experience this Christmas. Making dreams come true, our Santa (and we are pretty sure he is the real one) wants to make sure every child he meets gets plenty of time so they can tell him their dearest wish, get a free photo opportunity and receive a proper under-the-tree worthy gift. As part of the package you’ll also get free entry into Fort Douglas on the same day.
Dates and Times
Weekends & school holidays, 30th November to 23rd December
Santa and his elves will be at Dalkeith Country Park at weekends and in the school holidays on these dates: 30th November, 1st December, 7th & 8th December, 14th & 15th December, 20th – 23rd December. Book online below by selecting your date and a time slot. Each time slot is 10 minutes.
Tickets and Booking
* Loyalty Cardholders enter loyalty number at checkout and bring card on the day
Both prices include the visit, a quality gift suitable for your child’s age, free photo opportunity plus entry to Fort Douglas on the same day. See our FAQs here.
If your child has a specific access need please let us know under the ‘Special Requirements’ box when buying your tickets. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. There is access to Santa’s Grotto through a different door for wheelchairs as the usual entrance has a few steps inside. Our Santa also uses British Sign Language.
On the day
- The Grotto is located in Restoration Yard’s courtyard where The Larder is normally situated. You enter via the room linking the courtyard to Fort Douglas’ entrance.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your allotted time to meet our Elves.
- Please bring your ticket with your QR code on it. This can be on your phone or printed.
- Take as many photos and videos as you’d like! We’d love to see them. Use hashtags #realsantadalkeith #dalkeithcountrypark #christmasindalkeith
- Santa’s Grotto is wheelchair accessible through a different door. Please advise us of any special requirements before your visit when you purchase your tickets.
- Bring some warm clothes and sturdy footwear as your ticket includes entry to Fort Douglas.
Terms and Conditions
- Your ticket is only valid for the date and time specified on your email confirmation.
- One child per ticket.
- The maximum number we can accept in a 10 minute time slot is two adults and three children to ensure every child gets the most out of their visit. You only pay for children.
- Under 2’s visiting free of charge won’t receive a present. If you’d like your baby or toddler to receive a present, please buy a ticket and advise their age on booking.
- No refunds given; we shall do our best to reschedule if you need to change your date or time but cannot guarantee a place.
- Presents cannot be exchanged either during or after the Santa’s Grotto experience.
- Your child will receive a present deemed suitable for the age given when purchasing tickets.
- If your child has a specific access need please let us know under the ‘Special Requirements’ box when buying your tickets.
Other Christmas events
Our events programme for Christmas 2019 has stepped up a gear! You’ll find all sorts of exciting events from our NEW light experience, Spectacle of Light, to wreath making and craft workshops for the kids. If you want to be the very first to know about these events, it’s well worth signing up for our loyalty card which also gives you access to special discounts sent out by email. Alternatively, you can also hear about our events through signing up to our newsletter.