Bike Hire from Criterium Cycles
Bike hire in Midlothian
We’re thrilled to have partnered with Criterium Cycles who opened a brand new cycle hire facility here at Dalkeith Country Park in 2016. You’ll find a full range of bikes for the whole family with hard tail mountain bikes, kids bikes to cater for most sizes (20” and 24” wheel), tag alongs and trailers for the little ones. The cycling trails here are perfect for family ride outs. You can download a map here.
Every Weekend: 9.30am to 4.30pm with last hire at 1.00pm.
October school holidays only: Open Thursday to Monday, 9.30am to 4.30pm with last hire at 1.00pm.
Booking and Prices
Pre-booking is recommended and can be made by phone 0131 663 5569 (weekends) or 0131 663 6220 (week days). You’ll find full terms and conditions here. Please do bring photo ID with you on your visit (driving license or passport for example) and a valid debit or credit card for payment. One person in your party will be the designated the Hirer and it is the Hirer that must bring both a valid Photo ID and credit or debit card. We are unable to accept cash for security reasons. Prices are as follows:
Adult: £15 for 3 hours, £25 for a full day
Child: £10 for 3 hours, £15 for a full day
Trailer: £10 for 3 hours, £15 for a full day
Tag A Long: £10 for 3 hours, £15 for a full day
Helmets: £5 for 3 hours, £5 for a full day*
*Helmet hire is included in the prices above when hiring a bike, trailer or tagalong.
Summary of the Cycle Hire process
- You will need a valid debit or credit card to pay for your bike hire as unfortunately we can’t accept cash or cheques for security reasons.
- Proof of ID with a current photograph (such as a Driving Licence or Passport) is required prior to being able to hire bikes and associated equipment. We don’t accept credit or debit cards as proof of ID. This is because we will keep hold of your Photo ID whilst the bikes are on hire to you and in order to be fully compliant with PCI (Personal Card Information) rules, we don’t want to keep your personal debit or credit card in our care. This is for your protection.
- We will ask you to sign a simple Hire Agreement when you come to hire your bikes and equipment. Click to download a sample Hire Agreement and also our full Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- The Hirer is responsible for the safe return of all the equipment hired.
- A Criterium Cycles staff member and the Hirer will inspect each cycle or cycle accessory (including trailers and tagalongs) prior to commencement of the hire period and they shall together agree that all the equipment being hired by the Hirer is suitable for hire prior to commencement of the hire.
- Criterium Cycles reserves the right to charger the Hirer for any repairs and / or replacement parts that may be required due to accidental damage or misuse by the Hirer during the hire period.
- Criterium Cycle Company Limited (T/a Criterium Cycles) shall not be responsible for any damage or injury suffered by the Hirer or any third parties however such damage or injury may have been caused.
- The hire of all equipment is at the discretion of Criterium Cycle Company Limited who reserve the right to refuse to hire any equipment at any time.
- Criterium Cycle Company Limited requires all members of the Hirer’s party to wear an approved cycle helmet at all times whilst cycling The price of hiring Helmets for all members of the Hirer’s party is included in the cost of the bike hire.